How long have you been a Fair Trade supporter? Long enough I’m sure to know that Fair Trade and Sustainability are a match indeed!
In fact the 10 fair trade principles every ethical business strives to uphold speak clearly:
- 1 Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
- 2 Transparency and Accountability
- 3 Fair Trading Practices
- 4 Payment of a Fair Price
- 5 Ensuring no Child Labor and Forced Labor
- 6 Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Freedom of Association
- 7 Ensuring Good Working Conditions
- 8 Providing Capacity Building
- 9 Promoting Fair Trade
- 10 Respect for the Environment
The great shift to all things sustainable in recent years has a tested fair trade message at its core. Fair trade artisans are already equipped to bring zero carbon production and zero waste materials to customers like you, those keen to invest in and practice a more sustainable lifestyle.
Later this summer Motif will launch our GoZero collection with four beautiful ranges of sustainable home decor items. All using handmade textiles with up to 98% zero waste materials. They are amazing! Check them out in our sneak-peek look book and let me know what you think!
I’ll be sharing more as the time approaches so Watch This Space!
Meanwhile enjoy the film and wave your fair trade flag high. We are a full-on force within the Sustainability Movement, together determined to make fair trade and sustainable choices the norm.